Welcome BCUOMA members. This page is to keep you up to date on all BCUOMA activities and provide you with the tools you need. Scroll down for membership registration info, new policies, some frequently asked questions, and a full Member Listing.
The 2019 Annual General Meeting will be held Friday, June 7 at 11:00AM.
Who is required to participate in the program?
The Recycling Regulation (previously the B.C. Post-Consumer Residual Stewardship Program Regulation) requires all first sellers of lubricating oil and antifreeze materials (lubricating oil, antifreeze, oil filters, and oil and antifreeze containers) in the Province of British Columbia to comply. As a condition of membership with BCUOMA, it is a requirement to remit the Environmental Handling Charge (EHC) to BCUOMA.
If you have any questions as to whether or not you should apply for membership with BCUOMA, or the procedure for application for membership, please call: 1-844-722-8662.
If you wish to become a seller of lubricating oil products in other provinces, please visit usedoilrecycling.com for further details on registration.
How does my company apply for membership with BCUOMA?
Step One: Review the BCUOMA Stewardship Program Plan Package.
Step Two: Complete and forward the following documents to the Association:
- Registrant Information Sheet
- Membership Agreement
- A cheque in the amount of $200.00 plus GST made payable to the Association.
BCUOMA will only process your application and activate your membership upon receipt of all the items above. Upon activation completion, your name will then appear on our website in our Member Listing.
BCUOMA Stewardship Program Package
Download the following PDF Files:
- Stewardship Program Plan
- Membership Agreement (Effective June 14, 2013)
- Association Bylaws (Effective 2017)
- Recycling Regulation (B.C. Reg. 449/2004)
- EHC Applicable Product List
- EHC OEM Categories List 2018
How much is the Environmental Handling Charge (EHC)?
All members have to pay an EHC, based on sales volumes, as follows:
- For lubricating oil – $0.05 per litre
- For lubricating oil containers – $0.10 per litre of container size
- For filters – $0.55 for a filter less than 203mm (8 inches) in length, and $1.25 for a filter 203mm (8 inches) or more in length
- For sump type automatic transmission filters – $0.55 per filter
- For antifreeze – $0.20 per litre for premix and concentrate
- For antifreeze containers – $0.10 per litre of container size
On what products is the Environmental Handling Charge applicable?
Who remits the EHC when product moves between two or more BCUOMA members?
When product moves between two or more BCUOMA members, it is not always clear who will be responsible for remitting the EHC. Don’t assume the required EHC is being remitted by another BCUOMA member in your supply chain. To ensure the EHC is accounted for and remitted, and to avoid misunderstandings between members, BCUOMA members should ensure their EHC remittance arrangements are in writing.
For oil, filters and oil containers, the Member agrees to remit the EHCs retroactively from July 1, 2003 on all of the products used, sold or supplied by the Member in the Province of British Columbia, in compliance with article 2.3 of the Membership Agreement. For antifreeze and antifreeze containers, the Member agrees to remit the EHCs retroactively from July 1, 2011, on all of the products used, sold or supplied by the Member in the Province of British Columbia, in compliance with article 2.3 of the Membership Agreement.