Welcome BCUOMA Members! This page is your go-to source for all the tools, information and links that you need as a member of our Association. Scroll down for membership registration info, links to important reference materials and our bylaws.
How do I become a Member?
First sellers of lubricating oil and antifreeze materials (lubricating oil, antifreeze, oil filters, and oil and antifreeze containers) meet the requirements of the Recycling Regulation (formerly known as BC Post-Consumer Residual Stewardship Program Regulation) by becoming a member of BCUOMA.
As a condition of membership, you are required to remit an Environmental Handling Charge (EHC).
If you have any questions about applying for your membership with BCUOMA, or the procedure for application, please call: 1-844-722-8662.
If you’d like to become a seller of lubricating oil products in other provinces, please visit usedoilrecycling.com for more information.
How does my company apply for membership with BCUOMA?
Step One: Review the BCUOMA Stewardship Program Plan Package.
Step Two: Complete and forward the following documents to the Association:
A cheque in the amount of $200.00 plus GST made payable to the Association. BCUOMA will only process your application and activate your membership upon receipt of all the items above. Once you’ve been activated, your name will then appear on our website in our Member Listing.
BCUOMA Membership Package:
Please read the following documents to learn more about BCUOMA:
- Stewardship Program Plan
- Membership Agreement
- Association Bylaws (updated in June 2022)
- Recycling Regulation (B.C. Reg. 449/2004)
How much is the Environmental Handling Charge (EHC)?
All Members must pay an EHC, based on sales volumes, as follows:
- For lubricating oil – $0.06 per litre
- For lubricating oil containers – $0.12 per litre of container size (HPDE or Metal) & $0.20 per litre (non-HDPE)
- For filters – $0.55 for a filter less than 203mm (8 inches) in length, and $1.25 for a filter 203mm (8 inches) or more in length
- For sump type automatic transmission filters – $0.55 per filter
- For antifreeze – $0.20 per litre for premix and concentrate
- For antifreeze containers – $0.12 per litre of container size (HPDE or Metal) & $0.20 per litre (non-HDPE)
On what products is the Environmental Handling Charge applicable?
The current list of EHC Applicable Products and the OEM Categories can be found at the following links:
Who remits the EHC when products move between two or more BCUOMA members?
When a product moves between two or more BCUOMA members, it is not always clear who will be responsible for remitting the EHC. Don’t assume the required EHC is being remitted by another BCUOMA member in your supply chain.
To ensure the EHC is accounted for and remitted, and to avoid misunderstandings between members, BCUOMA members should document their EHC remittance arrangements in writing.
Key Information for Members:
- Member Materials
- BC Members of UOMA
- Letter to OEM Members
- Online EHC Remittance Form
- Feb 2021 – Revised Stewardship Plan
- Feb 2021 – MoE Letter of Approval for Revised Stewardship Plan
March 2023: Video Series Highlights BCUOMA’s Reach & Results
September 7, 2022: BCUOMA Seeks Stakeholder Input on Proposed EPR Plan
January 18, 2022: Stakeholder Consultation on Expansion to Additional Automotive Containers
October 1, 2021: Changes to Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) Categories (effective Jan 1, 2022)
November 30, 2020: Changes to the Environmental Handling Charges on Lubricating Oil Fluid and Containers as of July 1, 2021