Welcome BCUOMA Members
This is your go-to source for all the tools, information and links that you need as a member of our Association. Scroll down for membership registration info and new policies, as well as some FAQs, and a full member listing.
Who is required to become a Member?
All first sellers of lubricating oil and antifreeze materials (lubricating oil, antifreeze, oil filters, and oil and antifreeze containers) in the Province of British Columbia must become a member of BCUOMA. This is a requirement of the Recycling Regulation (formerly known as BC Post-Consumer Residual Stewardship Program Regulation).
As a condition of membership, you are required to remit an Environmental Handling Charge (EHC).
If you have any questions about applying for your membership with BCUOMA, or the procedure for application, please call: 1-844-722-8662.
If you’d like to become a seller of lubricating oil products in other provinces, please visit usedoilrecycling.com for more information.
How does my company apply for membership with BCUOMA?
Step One: Review the BCUOMA Stewardship Program Plan Package.
Step Two: Complete and forward the following documents to the Association:
A cheque in the amount of $200.00 plus GST made payable to the Association. BCUOMA will only process your application and activate your membership upon receipt of all the items above. Once you’ve been activated, your name will then appear on our website in our Member Listing.
BCUOMA Membership Package:
Please read the following documents to learn more about BCUOMA:
- Stewardship Program Plan
- Membership Agreement
- Association Bylaws (effective 2017)
- Recycling Regulation (B.C. Reg. 449/2004)
- EHC Applicable Product List (effective April 2020)
- EHC OEM Categories List (effective April 2020)
How much is the Environmental Handling Charge (EHC)?
All Members must pay an EHC, based on sales volumes, as follows:
- For lubricating oil – $0.05 per litre
- For lubricating oil containers – $0.10 per litre of container size
- For filters – $0.55 for a filter less than 203mm (8 inches) in length, and $1.25 for a filter 203mm (8 inches) or more in length
- For sump type automatic transmission filters – $0.55 per filter
- For antifreeze – $0.20 per litre for premix and concentrate
- For antifreeze containers – $0.10 per litre of container size
On what products is the Environmental Handling Charge applicable?
Who remits the EHC when products move between two or more BCUOMA members?
When a product moves between two or more BCUOMA members, it is not always clear who will be responsible for remitting the EHC. Don’t assume the required EHC is being remitted by another BCUOMA member in your supply chain.
To ensure the EHC is accounted for and remitted, and to avoid misunderstandings between members, BCUOMA members should document their EHC remittance arrangements in writing.