Resources & Reports
Here you’ll find updated posts, plans, reports, ongoing studies and links to information.
Click here to view the 2019 Annual Report, or open the tab below to view previous years.
Stewardship Plan & Reports
Click below for updated plans, reports and links to information.
November/December 2017 Feedback on proposed Targets from:
- City of Abbotsford
- Capital Region
- Regional District of Kitimat Stikine
- Regional District of Okanagan Similkameen
- Fraser Valley Regional District
- Peace River Regional District
- Regional District of Kootenay Boundary
- Sunshine Coast Regional District
Useful links are useful. Below is a collection of relevant sites and info.
National Used Oil Management Associations (UOMAs)
- National Website
- Alberta Recycling Management Authority (Alberta Recycling)
- Saskatchewan Association for Resource Recovery Corp. (SARRC)
- Manitoba Association for Resource Recovery Corp. (MARRC)
- Société de gestion des huiles usagées (SOGHU)
- UOMA Atlantic – New Brunswick (UOMA NB)
- UOMA Atlantic – Prince Edward Island (UOMA PE)
- UOMA Atlantic – Newfoundland and Labrador (UOMA NL)
- UOMA Atlantic – Nova Scotia (UOMA NS)
Stewardship Agencies of British Columbia
- BC Ministry of Environment
- Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- Government of Alberta – Environment
- Government of Saskatchewan – Environment
- Manitoba Conservation
- WDO: Waste Diversion Ontario
- Recycling Council of British Columbia (RCBC)
- Coast Waste Management Association (CWMA)
- British Columbia Environment Industry Association (BCEIA)
- Alberta Recycling Management Authority (ARMA)
- Environmental Services Association of Alberta
- Recycling Council of Alberta (RCA)
- Beverage Container Management Board
- Canadian Environmental
- Canadian Fuels Association
- Canadian Plastics Industry Association
- Saskatchewan Waste Reduction Council
- BC Hydro
- Demenno Kerdoon
- GFL Environmental Inc.
- M & R Environmental
- Merlin Plastics Supply Inc.
- Terrapure Environmental
- Safety-Kleen Canada Inc.
- RBW Waste Management Ltd.
- Tri-Arrow Industrial Recovery Inc.
- Nu Eco Enterprises
- Nu Plastic Services
Below are a collection of provincial, national and international studies.
- Oil & Antifreeze Packaging – Sept 2020
- 2018 Unaccounted Used Oil
- 2018 Manitoba Report (Antifreeze – Page 15)
- LCA Oil Report UC Santa Barbara 2017
- RCF Program Review March 2016
- Proposed Accessibility Levels Report November 2016
- BC Consumed in Use Report 2016
- BC Unaccounted Used Oil 2006
- BC Unaccounted Used Oil 2011
- Estimated Rates of Recoverable Antifreeze in Canada
- Filter Report 2007
BC Used Oil Management Association has announced an increase to the financial incentive rates that it pays in rural areas of BC for the collection and recycling of used plastic oil and antifreeze containers
The BC Used Oil Management Association – along with three other Stewardship Agencies – have initiated a cost study to better understand the cost centers at private multi-material depots. The firm of MNP LLP has been retained to conduct the study. The participating Stewardship Agencies are responding to the Ministry of Environment’s guidance and directive that the costs of operating a multi-material depot be better understood and that depots be engaged in the process.
Return Collection Facilities (RCF) Studies and Reports
You can find all forms, studies and reports related to our Return Collection Facilities (RCF) program on this page:
CLOSED: RFP: Study of the Unrecoverable Rate for Antifreeze in BC
The British Columbia Used Oil Management Association (BCUOMA) is seeking a qualified firm to conduct a review of used antifreeze in British Columbia. The primary objective of the study is to develop an estimate of the antifreeze in BC that is unavailable for recovery, using BC-specific data and information. Services under the Contract are expected to commence by October 1, 2020 and complete by March 15, 2021.
Issue Date: August 12, 2020
Closing Date and Time: September 14, 2020, 4:00 PM (BC Time)