Return Collection Facilities (RCFs)
RCF Program Incentive Rate
The new Return Collection Facility incentive program took effect on January 1, 2017. Now consumer returns for oil and antifreeze are $0.30/L (up from $0.10 for oil and $0.15 for antifreeze).
For facilities that collect only consumer material (e.g. depots) the new rate applies to all the material collected.
For facilities that self-generate oil and antifreeze through their business (e.g. service stations, lube shops) and receive consumer returns, the incentive applies only to the portion of material dropped off by a consumer.
These facilities will need evidence to the volume of consumer returns either by providing a consumer drop off log sheet (see sample on BCUOMA website) or by subtracting the service change volume from the collector Bill of Lading or using another method approved by the Executive Director.
To be eligible for the new RCF incentive program facility owners need to:
- Review the RCF Program Manual
- Register (or re-register) for the RCF program using the new Registration Form
- Please submit the completed form to RCF@bcusedoil.com
- Facilities will be notified if they are or are not approved for the new RCF program
- Use the new RCF Incentive Claim Form
- Complete and submit for the January 1 to June 30 reporting period by July 31.
- Complete and submit for the July 1 to December 31st reporting period by the following January 31st.
- Please submit to RCF@bcusedoil.com
Important RCF Forms
- January 1 to June 30 (due July 31)
- July 1 to December 31 (due by January 31 of the following year)
RCF Signage Available (at no cost)
BCUOMA offers a wide range of RCF Signage at no cost to registered facilities. To select the signs that will work best for your facility, please click the yellow button to be redirected to the order page.
Return Collection Facilities Program Manuals
If your facility requires additional infrastructure such as tanks, covered sheds or other containment materials for your used oil, antifreeze, filters, and containers, BCUOMA does have grant funding available.
To learn more visit the Infrastructure Grants page.
Top Collector Awards
Every year, BCUOMA recognizes 30 Return Collection Facilities with our Top Collector Award. Find out more details here.