BC Used Oil Management Association 2020 Annual Report• News
2020 was a year like no other. The world as we knew it changed dramatically as the COVID-19 pandemic spread around the globe bringing a time of challenge and uncertainty that affected all industries including ours. BCUOMA worked hard to respond and adapt to the new challenges, while also continuing to deliver on our key mandate of ensuring oil and antifreeze products were responsibly managed in all corners of our province.
Throughout this challenging year, we worked closely with our collectors and processors to keep business moving while also supporting our network of public return collection facilities.
- 45,633,272 litres of used oil collected.
- Capture rate targets exceeded in three of four material categories.
- 32 Infrastructure Grants awarded to enhance public recycling centres around the province.
- 80% of British Columbians with BCUOMA materials to recycle were aware of our program.
- Redesign of BCUsedOil.com to improve public recycling centre search function and access to key program information.
- Launch of How To Clean Everything campaign to help connect BCUOMA with an audience spending more time online as a result of the pandemic.